Monday, January 23, 2012

Grace: The Love Offering

I hear the phrase "Nobody's perfect" or "Hey, you know the flesh is weak" a good bit. I have even said those words myself. And personally when I have said them, it was to give an excuse for doing something I knew that I should not have done and made the choice to do it anyway. Now though these phrases are very true, they are not an excuse for me or any other believer to sin. Yes, the big S word, sin. We have been given a wonderful gift from the Lord, and that gift is grace. Before Christ came we were bound by sin with no way out but He came to set the captives free (that's you and me)!
In Romans 6:1-2 the question is asked,
"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?"
"Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?
Now this does not mean that we will never sin or make any mistakes (God knows I have made plenty!) but it does mean that we should not purposely or premediate (or plan to) sin and certainly should not make it our lifestyle. But we know that if we should sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous (1 John 2:1). He is always ready and willing to forgive us when we come to Him with a sincere heart. HE IS the love of God that has been given to us and I think that's something to praise about!

1 comment:

  1. Love it babe very powerful words!! And yes alot of people do have an excuse for there sinful life style but that must die so the Holy Spirit can lead us not to sin!!

    ReplyDelete