Tuesday, January 31, 2012
What is your priority?
I was sitting reading the bible one night and I paused and asked my husband a simple, yet complex question and it was something like this: "We know what we ought to do as Christians. We are supposed to spread the good news and/or witness to others, visit the sick, help those in need, study His word, etc. But why aren't we (or most of us) doing these things???" Now let me first say that doing things won't get us into heaven. We know that salvation comes by believing in your heart that God raised Christ from the dead and confessing with your mouth that Christ is your Lord and Saviour (Romans 10:9). So it is not by works that we are saved but because we are saved we will do good works. So again I ask the question, why aren't we doing what we are supposed to do? I believe, and the bible even states, that we have to renew our minds. When we became a Christian, we became a new creation. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things passed away; behold, all things have become new (2 Cor. 5:17). So our mind needs to be renewed to the things of God which means we need to prioritize. And I believe it is simply this: Serve God and everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING else is secondary. That includes family, friends, work, etc. is all secondary to the Lord. I am currently reading the book of Hosea. The people in this book have not been recognizing God and everything that they are working for is about to come crumbling down. All because God is not included in their lives as He should. Please know that all the blessings that you have do not come from man or from a job, it's comes directly from the Father in heaven who loved us enough to send His only begotten Son to die for our sins. Let's be encouraged on today and everyday to do the will of the Father. After all, we were created for this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment