Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Irreplaceable Love

I truly understand when the gospel artist sings, "Searched all over. Couldn't find nobody. I looked high and low, still couldn't find nobody. Nobody greater....nobody greater.....nobody greater than You!" Sometimes in life, we lose focus of God and turn to things and other people for happiness, joy, and peace in our lives only to find that God is and will always be all that we need. There was a time when I thought if only I was the perfect size then I will be happy. Or if I had millions of dollars, nice things, and lots of friends then I will have joy and peace in my life. But it's not so! We see it all the time on tv where celebrities who seem to have it all: money, fame, multiple houses, and designer clothes who are living a life a misery. There is a void in their lives that can only be filled by One, and He is Jesus Christ! He is our irreplaceable love! He is our friend that sticks closer than a brother and gave His life for us (Prov. 18:24 & Gal. 2:20). Who else would ever do that for us?
The things that we can gain in life on earth are temporary but the love of God is everlasting. We all go through ups and downs in life but at the end of the day if we have God in our life, there is peace, joy, and happiness in our spirits. All we have to do is let it shine through despite what we see with our natural eye.
So ask yourself, what do you treasure? If it is anything or anyone other than the Lord or the things of God, then it needs to take a back seat! Because the bible says that where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matt. 6:21). If you do find that it is the things of life that are consuming your heart and you want that to change, you can ask the Lord to create in you a clean heart and renew a loyal spirit within you (Psalm 51:10). For our God is ready and willing to restore us for His name sake. I love you all and God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment